Join the Sweetwater Farm Team!
flexible – part-time – year round
We are looking for a part-time team member to assist our Livestock Manger for 20 hours per week. The Herdsman’s Assistant will primarily be responsible for feeding, watering, and moving livestock and assisting with hay production.
This job will require a candidate to drive trucks and tractors, operate machinery, and haul a trailer.
Candidates must be comfortable working outside in all weather, walking long distances over uneven ground, and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- feeding and watering chickens, pigs, and cattle
- moving livestock to new pasture
- setting up and taking down temporary electric fence
- weed whacking
- stacking hay
- assisting the livestock manager with farm projects
- performing other farm tasks as needed
- must have a desire to learn about livestock farming
- must have basic mechanical skills or a desire to learn
- must have a valid drivers license
- must be able to work as part of a team
- previous experience operating a tractor is a plus
- previous experience driving a trailer is a plus
- hourly pay based on experience
- small vegetable CSA share
- 10% discount on other farm products
- sorry, no housing available
If you are interested in farming, there is a lot to learn here. Managers are happy to explain systems, lend books, and recommend articles to further your agricultural education. Participation in the NOFA Summer Conference is encouraged, but not required.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Contact Steve Vieira for more details at: